In this letter, we propose to introduce frequency-domain equalization with decision-feedback processing (FD-DFE) for time-reversal space-time block-coded (TR-STBC) systems with multiple transmit antennas to effectively achieve both spatial diversity and multipath diversity over frequency-selective channels. This letter will also present a theoretical performance analysis result that relates the minimum mean-squared error (MMSE) to a new tight upper bound for the probability of error. It is shown that the new bound is not only valid for the TR-STBC systems, but also valid for single-input single-output, single-input multiple-output, and multiple-input multiple-output systems with MMSE equalization.
- Decision-feedback equalization (DFE)
- Frequency-domain equalization (FDE)
- Multiple transmit antennas
- Time-reversal space-time block coding (TR-STBC)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer Networks and Communications