The propagation of a multi-terawatt femtosecond laser pulse in air is studied as a function of initial chirp. The chirp conditions for optimising air ionisation at long distance are presented. Ionisation channels are observed over a distance reaching 400 m.
- Femtosecond filamentation
- Ultrashort laser pulses
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering