A multi-domain spectral method for scalar optical modal analysis is developed and presented. The method is mesh-free and is applicable to three-dimensional optical waveguide structures that are invariant in one direction. The mode profile is represented as a superposition of one-dimensional preselected basis functions with variable coefficients. As common to spectral methods, the presented method is inherently fast and efficient. Different optical waveguides are analyzed for comparison purpose to exhibit the validity and accuracy of the presented method.
- Meshfree numerical method
- Modal analysis of optical waveguide
- Multi-domain spectral method
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering