A new decision-directed (DD) synchronization scheme is proposed for joint estimation of carrier frequency offset (CFO) and sampling clock frequency offset (SFO) in orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) systems. By exploiting the hard decisions, we report accurate estimators of residual CFO and small SFO. The performance analysis and simulation results indicate that the proposed novel DD scheme achieves much better performance than the conventional pilot-based schemes in both additive white Gaussian noise and frequency-selective channels.
- Carrier frequency offset (CFO)
- Fast fourier transform (FFT)
- Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- Sampling clock frequency offset (SFO)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering